The FMDQ Board of Directors is responsible for setting out the broad operational and governance architecture designed to drive the OTC Securities Exchange.
- Dr. Okwu Joseph NnannaChairman, Board of DirectorsDr. Nnanna is the Deputy Governor, Financial System Stability, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). He also currently oversees the CBN’s Economic Policy Directorate, which comprises the Financial Markets Department, amongst others. He represents the CBN on the Board of FMDQ.
He is the Chair of the Africa Finance Corporation and a life member of the Nigerian Economic Society. He has served on the Boards of many organisations, including the Board of the International Monetary Fund. He also served as a Technical Assistant to the National Economic Management Team and the Presidential Steering Committee on Global Economic Crisis.
- Mr. Jibril AkuBoard Vice Chairman and Chair, Board Listings, Markets and Technology CommitteeMr. Aku is the Chairman of the Board of Directors of SunTrust Bank Nigeria Limited. He was formerly Group Head Strategy of Ecobank Transnational Incorporated and prior to that, the Managing Director/CEO of Ecobank Nigeria Limited, Executive Director of Afribank PLC (now Skye Bank PLC) and Treasurer of Citibank Nigeria Limited. He is a member of and represents the FMDA Board of Trustees on the Board of FMDQ.
He is also Chairman of FMDQ NIBOR Committee and the erstwhile President of the Money Market Association of Nigeria (now FMDA).
- Ms. Daisy EkinehChair, Board Regulation and Risk Management CommitteeMs. Ekineh is the Technical Advisor to the Capital Market Master Plan Implementation Council. She was a one-time Chair of the African & Middle East Regional Committee of the International Organisation of Securities Commissions. She serves as an Independent Non-Executive Director and was appointed to the Board of FMDQ pursuant to the Company’s Articles.
She previously served as the Chief Operating Officer of Global Mandate Consulting Limited, former Acting Director-General of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Nigeria, as well as Executive Commissioner (Operations), and Director, Securities, and Investment Services at the Commission.
- Mr. Peter AmangboChair, Board Finance and General Purpose CommitteeMr. Amangbo is the Group Managing Director/CEO of Zenith Bank PLC. He represents Systemically Important Banks on the Board of FMDQ.
He has served Zenith Bank PLC in various capacities: as the Head of Financial Control and Strategic Planning, Head of the Corporate & Retail Banking Group and the bank’s Group Zonal Head, Lagos.
- Mr. Kennedy UzokaChair, Board Governance and Human Resources CommitteeMr. Uzoka is the Group Managing Director/CEO of United Bank of Africa (UBA) PLC. Prior to this appointment, he served as the CEO of UBA Africa, managing the Group’s country subsidiaries across eighteen (18) countries in Africa, as well as supervised key strategic support areas in Digital Banking, Information Technology and Personal Banking.
He represents Systematically Important Banks on the Board of FMDQ.
- Mr. Uzoma DozieNon-Executive DirectorMr. Dozie is the Group Managing Director/CEO of Diamond Bank PLC. Prior to this appointment, he was Executive Director and later Deputy Managing Director at the Bank, and also at a time, acted as the Bank’s Chief Financial Officer. Mr Dozie started his career at Guaranty Trust Bank and then Citizen’s International Bank Limited before his time at Diamond Bank. He represents Financial Markets Active Banks on the Board of FMDQ.
- Mr. Samuel OchehoNon-Executive DirectorMr. Ocheho is the Head, Global Markets West Africa, at Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC. Prior to joining Stanbic IBTC Bank, he served as the Chief Dealer in Bond Bank (now Skye Bank), First City Monument Bank and Kakawa Discount House Limited. He is a non-Executive Director of Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers Limited. He is also the President of FMDA and represents the Governing Council on the Board of FMDQ.
- Mr. Kayode AkinkugbeNon-Executive DirectorKayode Akinkugbe is the Managing Director/CEO of FBNQuest Merchant Bank Limited. Prior to this appointment, he served as the Deputy Managing Director of FBNQuest Capital Limited, and later as the Managing Director/CEO. He is the Chairman of FBNQuest Capital Limited and previously worked with Deutsche Bank where he was Head of sub-Saharan Africa (ex-SA) coverage. He represents the Bankers' Committee Financial Markets Sub-Committee on the Board of FMDQ.
- Mr. Dapo AkisanyaNon-Independent DirectorMr. Akinsanya is the Managing Director/CEO of AXA Mansard Pensions Limited. Prior to this appointment, he worked with Asset and Resource Management Company Limited (ARM Group) in various capacities including Head, Investment Management & Research; Executive Director, ARM Pension Managers Limited; and Executive Director, ARM Securities Limited. He represents the Pension Fund Operators Association of Nigeria on the Board of FMDQ.
He is currently an Executive Committee member of PenOp, which he serves as Head, Technical Committee.
- Mr. Bola Onadele. KokoManaging Director/CEOMr. Onadele is the pioneer Managing Director/CEO of FMDQ OTC Securities Exchange. Prior to this engagement, he was the President of FDHL, a financial markets and risk management consulting firm he founded in 2001 where he provided business leadership in the empowerment of the Nigerian financial markets.
He started his professional career with Coopers and Lybrand Associates, an international firm of Chartered Accountants before joining FCMB. His banking career spanned across Citibank Nigeria (Chief Dealer), FCMB Limited (Treasurer), Trust Bank of Africa (Merchant Bankers) (Managing Director/CEO) and Leadbank PLC (Chief Operations Officer). He is a member of the Board of Trustees of FMDA.